Thursday, December 31, 2009

I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. This year has been a good year. Alot has happened, some happy things and some sad things. But even through the sad things I have grown in the Lord. I just want to say that sometimes the Lord places things into your lives that are sent to help you to grow in Him. At the time it is hard to imagine getting through it, but somehow you have the strength to get through it and come out a stronger person. I know that there are some things that happened this past year that looking back now I know without the Lord I would not have handled it as well as I did. The Lord is so good. His grace is sufficient. He never gives you more than you can handle. My New Year's Resolution for 2010 are to read my Bible more, spend more time in prayer, begin to memorize more Scripture, and meditate more on the Scriptures. I know that I do not do enough for the Lord, but my goal for this coming year is to work my hardest to be a better Christian and do more work for Him. All my life I have heard about the great faith of the Christians of old, they sacrificed so much of their time and of their energy for the Lord, to plant the seed of salvation and to grow closer to the Lord each day. This type of life is so foreign in today's society. There are still some Christians like that, but not many. I hope to one day be considered as one of these sacrificial Christians, who gave all to the Lord and held nothing back. "May the Lord Find Us Faithful" and may we have "A Passion for Thee" as the songs say. I hope that everyone has a Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog post. Hello! I'm Kristi from Thimble Thoughts.
    It's true, I think it is when we are in the valley and feel the furthest away from God that He is actually the closest. He is the Lily in our valley, bringing beauty when everything else seems dark and ugly. I love Him for that!!

    Happy New Year and nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete