Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just a quick post to say that I am still here. I said that I would try and remedy my lack of blogging and here it has been about 4 months since I have blogged. Pitiful I know. Well this post is not to say that I will do better, but to inform people that I am still here.

Summer has almost come and gone and I am sad to announce that school is coming upon me at too fast a pace. I have not been idle this summer though. I have been very busy working and do activities with our church. This coming Friday I will be going to South Carolina to Bro. Alfred Willis' church to a camp meeting. I am quite excited about going. Hopefully many people will be helped through the preaching.

God has really been working in my life lately, in the area of trusting Him. Sometimes my will is so hard to break, that I often do not listen and obey the Lord's plans. I do know though that the Lord has really been teaching me much and molding me into the vision He has of me. To be more like Him. A prayer of mine was answered just tonight. I asked the Lord to teach me how to love Him more and to help me to love Him more. He answered me tonight at church when a man in our church began to testify. In the Bible the Lord tells His disciples that if they love Him that they will keep His commandments. I have known for a long time that love is not just a feeling but an action. If you truly love someone you will carry it out through actions of thoughtfulness and sacrificing of your own time, energy, and self. Sometimes it is hard to keep His commandments, because our flesh does not want to yield. But if we truly love Him we will do what He commands in the Bible. And my desire is to truly love Him. God is so good to us, and yet we find it so hard to do our best for Him and let Him take full control in our lives. He only wants what is best and He knows what is best. He gave His only Son to come to this horrible world to die for those who did not deserve His love or His pity. But He did He sent His precious, sinless Son to be born in a barn, to journey to a criminal's cross, to die for you and for me, the sinners in so much need of a Savior. In order to fully understand what love is, one must first acknowledge the love that was demonstrated on the hill of Calvary over 2000 years ago, and accept this man's gift of salvation. God is so good.

Also, I would like to thank the Lord for loving me. Just this past weekend I realized that the Lord always loves us the same. He always loves us the same. If we are obeying Him and reading our Bibles, praying, meditating, and doing all kinds of works for Him, He loves us so much. When we are not obeying Him all the time and are doing things that please the flesh and things that are self-centered, He still loves us the same. I many times have this feeling that when I am not exactly in sweet communion with God that He does not love me as much, but He does, His love is unconditional. And I would just like to tell Him thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment